Skin the only thing on the body that is the same and if you get any kind of allergy on it, it will most probably spread. The pain in the body can be controlled because it soothes the nerves but the itching and irritation on skin remain until it is exposed in the open air.
And no matter how hard we try, we just can’t stop the air, either way, stopping air will be dangerous. That is why skin products are more in demand as compared to body products or hair.
What is Actinic Keratosis?
Many kinds of skin diseases have been introduced in the past few years and some of them have no cure and those diseases are not known why they happened in the first place.
And the most agonizing and itchy skin disease is the actinic keratosis. This is the kind of disease that has been coming in fourth for the past few decades. This is also known as the AK. There is a specific diagnosis of this disease.
Symptoms that you might have actinic keratosis
There are different symptoms that might lead that you have actinic keratosis:
- You will have a really rough skin like there will be prominent lines on the skin. And no matter how many times you apply lotion or creams. It will either come back or it will not go away.
- Due to this roughness, you can have scaly skin. This skin will have patches on a white and yellowish color. In the beginning, they will seem like dry skin is coming off but it will become a regular thing.
- The starting patches will be of 1 inch or of at least 2.5 centimeters in diameters.
- Or the skin will have a slight flat, or you can say that it will have a slight bump which will feel like that someone has hit you with a punch.
- The symptoms can depend on skin to skin, there are some skins which will have totally different outcomes. Some will have hard skin like a wartlike surface.
- Due to some skins can be different, not all will have a white or yellowish surface, some can have pink, red or brown.
- Some people will have itching and burning in the affected area.
Where this will occur?
There are different parts of the body where this disease can occur. This can occur at:
• Actinic keratosis on the lip.
• Multiple actinic keratoses.
The most irritating and dangerous is the actinic keratosis on the lip.
Reasons for getting infected to Actinic Keratosis
The only reason is our sun. But you must be thinking that it doesn’t happen to most of the people who are exposed to the sun. This is because everyone has different types of skin. Some are really sensitive and they need to keep their skin covered.
And there are skins who can bare heat at very high levels as well. The sun wasn’t that cruel a few decades ago. This is also because of the atmosphere change and the climate change that is happening with each passing day.
There were dense and many clouds in the past few decades and because of the deforestation and the huge number of chemical industries which pollute the air and because of that the clouds are not forming.
And because of that, the sun rays are hitting the ground more strongly and these rays are very much damaging to naked human skin.
Have you ever skin snow hikers who wear glasses while being on the snow, did you ever wonder why? That is because the mountains get near to the sky as compared to ground level or sea level and that is why those rays are harmful to the eyes.
And you might have seen people getting skin burns, that is also because the rays are strong on such high levels.
Read more: Natural Remedies for Actinic Keratosis
What are the risk factors of this disease?
Anyone can develop this disease, but if you have the following factors, most probably you will develop this disease:
- If you are older than 40 years of age, some people’s skin gets sensitive and they develop this disease.
- If you live in a hot and sunny place, sooner or later you will develop this if you have sensitive skin.
- If your skin keeps getting sunburns, you will get this disease, so, it is best to put sunblock on your skin.
- if you have red or blond hair, blue or light-colored eyes, not being racist but this is the fact.
- Even if you have a freckled skin then you will have more chance of getting this disease.
- If you have any previous symptom of skin cancer or any other disease which was dangerous, then your skin becomes sensitive and you can develop this disease. But it is not necessary.
- If you have a weak immunity system or metabolism because of any previous sickness which included the treatment of chemotherapy, leukemia, AIDS or organ transplant medications.
How to Prevent?
There are different ways to prevent it. Prevent is the way of doing different things that will protect you from having this disease.
Follow the things you should do:
- Limit your time from the sun. Meaning to say that you should avoid walking in the sun. Or you should take the cab or the bus.
- Use sunscreen. When you want to outside, you should always put on sunscreen or sunblock, in that way, the sun rays will not affect your skin and you will be saved from this disease.
- Cover up yourself. If the sunscreen doesn’t suit you, you can always cover up your body by wearing gloves, masks, eyeshades, and socks at all times.
- Avoid tanning on the beach and also avoid tanning beds. Tanning means that you are getting your skin burned on purpose.
So, there are more than many ways of protecting your skin.